Believe each bargainer know the saying that knowing others as well as yourself can be successful.Actually,all negotiators try their best to do that.In business negotiation,we must well prepared,knowing the condition both ourselves and the counterpart.But we should realize that our counterparts also do the same thing.It makes sense that the less our counterparts knows,the better to ourselves.So we must keep our s secret when try to know others.
相信所有的谈判者都明白这个道理:知己知彼,百战不殆。实际上,可以说所有的谈判者都是尽力这样做的。商业谈判中,要求我们在谈判前有所准备,要清楚地了解自己和对手的各方面状况,才可能常胜不败。但是,我们也要认识到,我们对手也在做着同样的工作,常识告诉我们:对方知道得愈少,形势对自己就愈有利。因此,在了解对手的同时,我们还有一件很重要的工作要做,那就是保守自己的某些秘密。
Pay a Visit to Customer拜访客户
where... 在哪儿……
Where is his office?
他的办公室在哪里?
Where is the manager s house?
经理的家在哪里?
see/look for 看望
Our manager Mr.Zhou is here to see you.
我们周经理看您来啦。
I d like to see Mr.Morgan.
我想见见摩根先生。
I m here to see Mr.Roberts.
我是来见罗伯茨先生的。
I m looking for a Mr.Zhang who is in charge of the export department.
我要找一位张先生,他是负责出口部门的。
go to the office 去办公室
Can you direct me to his office?
请问到他的办公室怎么走?
I don t know where his office is.
我不知道他的办公室在哪儿。
I am wondering how to find his office.
我想知道怎样才能找到他的办公室。
Did you have any difficulty finding our office?
我们公司好找吗?
about stock 关于存货
Do you have available stocks?
您有没有可拿得到的存货?
Do you stock on these merchandise?
您们有没有储存这些货品?
visit a company 访问某公司
Have you visited our company before?
您过去来过我们公司吗?
If you have time,please visit our company and have a talk with me in details.
如您有时间请来公司参观并详谈。
ready/be available 已有的,现成的
Do you have ready supplies?
您有没有现成的供应品?
Are all these available now?
这些产品现在都可以拿到现货吗?
give card to each other 互赠名片
Here is my card.这是我的名片。
I m Zhang Wei,in charge of our Sales Section.This is my card.
我叫张伟,负责本公司销售部,这是我的名片。
Here s my business card.May I have one of yours?
这是我的名片,能给我一张您的名片吗?
A:I have an appointment with Mr.John at 2o clock.
我跟约翰先生约好两点见面的。
B:May I have your name,please?
请问贵姓?
A:My name is David Andson.Sales Manager s secretary of the ABC Computer Company.Please tell me where his office is.
我叫戴维·安德森,是ABC 电脑公司的业务经理的秘书。请问他的办公室在哪里?
B:He s waiting for you.I ll show you to his office.Please follow me.
他正在等您呢! 我带您到他的办公室去,请跟我来。
A:Thank you.
谢谢。
C:Have a seat,please,Mr.Andson.
安德森先生,请坐。
A:Thank you.There are some illustrations of the latest model computers.
谢谢您。这是一些最新型电脑的说明书。
C:Our company is interested in mediumsized computers.
我们公司是对中型电脑感兴趣的。
A:Here are the mediumsized computers.What do you think about them?
这是关于中型电脑的。您认为如何呢?
C:They are very splendid.What about the price?
这些非常不错。价格怎么样呢?
A:It costs 1,200 dollars perset.But if you buy one hundred sets,we ll give you a 10per cent discount.
每部是1200美元,若贵公司购买100部的话,我们可给您10%的折扣。
C:Are all these available now?
这些产品现在都可以拿到现货吗?
A:Yes,we have available stocks.
有,我们有一些现货。
C:Can you give me a sample?
您可不可以给我一个样品?
A:Sure.But you ll have to pay for them.
没问题。但是您必须要付钱。
Introduce介绍
about greeting 关于问候语
How are you!/How do you do!/Nice to meet you!/Nice meeting you!/How are you getting along!
您好!/见到您很高兴。
It s good to see you here in China.
能在中国见到您,真是太好了。
Fancy meeting you here.How are things going with you?
真没想到能在这里见到您。近来过得怎么样?
Remember to give my regards to your family.
代我向您全家问好。
It s nice to see you again,too.
再次见到你我也很高兴。
I have often heard about you.
久仰,久仰。
How wonderful to meet you again!
再次见到您真是太高兴了!
How is everyone in your family?
全家都好吗?
I d like to introduce myself.My name is Shen.Shen Yan.
容我自我介绍,我姓沈,沈严。
Oh,yes.It s very nice to meet you,Mr.Shen.
哦,是的,我很高兴见到您,沈先生。
How do you do? My name is Baker.Jim Baker.
幸会,我姓贝克,吉姆·贝克。
It s nice to meet you.My name s Pete Wendel.
很高兴见到您,我叫彼特·威得尔。
I am pleased to meet you.
我很高兴遇到您。
I enjoy the privilege of meeting you.
我很荣幸遇见您。
I am delighted to know you.
我很高兴认识你。
I am honored to know you.
认识您,深感荣幸。
I am happy to see you.
我很高兴见到您。
It s a pleasure to know you.
认识阁下至感荣幸。
It s pleasure for us to meet you.
我们真高兴见到您。
introduce sb. 介绍某人
Please let me introduce myself.My name is James McNally.
请容我自我介绍,我叫詹姆斯·麦克那利。
Would you please introduce me to Mr.Brown?
请您把我介绍给布朗先生认识好吗?
Will you kindly introduce me to Mr.Brown?
请您把我介绍给布朗先生认识好吗?
I want you to introduce me to Mr.Brown.
我想请您把我介绍给布朗先生。
Let me introduce myself.
让我来自我介绍吧!
May I take the liberty of introducing myself to you?
我可以冒昧地自我介绍吗?
Let me introduce you,Mrs.Warren.This is Mr.White.
让我来介绍,沃伦夫人,这位是怀特先生。
I would like to introduce myself to you.
我想向您作自我介绍。
Mr.Coleman,may I introduce Mr.Cohen?
科尔曼先生,让我介绍一下科恩先生好吗?
I don t think you know Mr Parker,my associate.Let me introduce you.
我想您不认识佩克先生,我的同事。我来介绍吧。
It is with great pleasure that I introduce to you Mr.Stanley Young,assistant manager of G.E.
我很高兴向诸位介绍通用电器公司副经理斯坦利·扬先生。
I m very pleased to introduce to you,our finest architect,Mr.Ma.
我非常高兴地向大家介绍,我们最好的建筑设计师,马先生。
Let me introduce Mr.John Smith,manager of D.C.Company.
请允许我介绍 D.C.公司经理约翰·史密斯先生。
Now allow me to introduce myself.I m Chen Hui,interpreter,from the Office of Foreign Affairs.
现在请允许我自我介绍一下,我叫陈慧,是外事办公室翻译。
Mr.Watson,let me introduce you to Miss Chunming Bao,who is going to sit next to you tonight.
华生先生,我介绍今晚将坐在您旁边的鲍青明小姐给您认识。
May I introduce our manager who has come to meet you?
我可以介绍前来迎接您的我们的经理吗?
meet sb. 与某人认识
I ve not had the pleasure of meeting her yet.
我还没有那么荣幸能够认识她呢。
I d like you to meet my friend Peter Brown.
我想让您见见我的朋友彼得·布朗。
I m glad to have the opportunity to meet you.
我很高兴有机会和您见面。
Excuse me.I don t believe we ve meet.I m Tom Johnson.
对不起,我相信我们还没见过面。我是汤姆·约翰逊。
Mr.MacDonold,I want you to meet Inne Groves,The marketing manager of Hynes Company.
麦克多那先生,我希望您见见海恩思公司的销售经理伊恩·格罗夫斯。
Oh,here s David.David,Come and meet Whitman.
哦,戴维来了。戴维,来见见惠特曼。
get acquainted (with...) (和……)认识,熟悉
Our boss got acquainted with a couple of real estate agents in the golf Club.
我们老板在高尔夫俱乐部里结识了几位做房地产的商人。
I have gotten acquainted with all my colleagues.
我已经和所有同事都熟悉了。
have the opportunity to 有机会
I m glad to have the opportunity to meet you.
认识您我很高兴。
I hoped I would have the opportunity to talk with you.Now the dream comes true.
我曾经希望能有机会同您会谈,现在终于实现了。
I wonder if I have the opportunity to know some further information about your product.
我能否有机会进一步了解您的产品。
A:I believe you re Mr.Anderson,aren t you?
您是安德森先生吧?
B:Yes,I am.And may I have your name please?
是的,我是,您贵姓?
A:My name is Wang Lei.I m very glad to meet you.
我是王雷,很高兴见到您。
B:I m very glad to meet you,too.
见到(认识)您我也很高兴。
A:I m from International Travel Service,Beijing Branch.
我在国际旅行社北京分社工作。
B:Oh,really? Mr.Li,the manager,is an old friend of mine.
是吗? 那里的经理李先生是我的一位老朋友。
A:Mr.Anderson,have you met my colleague,Miss Lili?
安德森先生,您见过李莉小姐吗? 她是我的同事。
B:No,I don t think I ve had the pleasure.Will you introduce me to Miss Li?
我想我以前没见过她,您能介绍我和李小姐认识吗?
A:Certainly.It s my pleasure.
当然可以。
B:Thanks.
多谢。
A:Hello.Miss Li,I d like you to meet Mr.Anderson.Mr.Anderson,this is Miss Li.Miss Li,this is Mr.Anderson.
喂,李小姐,我想介绍你跟安德森先生认识。安德森先生,这位是李小姐。李小姐,这位是安德森先生。
C:How do you do,Mr.Anderson.
您好,安德森先生。
B:How do you do,Miss Li.
李小姐,您好。
C:I ve heard a great deal about you,but I didn t expect to meet you today.I m very pleased to meet you.
久闻大名,今天终于见到您了。见到您我很高兴。
B:Me,too.
见到您我也很高兴。Arranging Time
安排时间Please come to 请来
“Seeing is believing.”Please come to our company and I ll show you some of the samples.Could you come round at 2o clock this afternoon?
“百闻不如一见”请来我们公司,我会给您看一些样品。您今天下午2点钟能来吗?
Could you come to our company round at 1∶30 this afternoon?
您能在今天下午1∶30来我们公司吗?
I have come to make sure that your stay in Beijing is a pleasant one.
我特地来为你们安排,确保你们在北京过得愉快。
about agenda 关于议事日程
Let s draw up an agenda for our discussions then.
那么我们起草一个议事日程吧。
And let s talk about the agenda in the car.
我们在车上再谈日程安排吧。
In any opinion,one of the items for our agenda would be the supply of spare parts to China for Toyota cars in the second half of this year.
在我看来,议事日程的事项之一是今年下半年向中方供应丰田车的零件。
the schedule of this visit 关于这次访问的时间表
I m here to ask your opinion about the time schedule of the next six days.
我来这儿想征求一下您对以后6天日程安排的意见。
Here is my schedule.
这是我的日程表。
Please choose the best route when you arrange the program schedule so as to save time.
在您安排旅行计划时,请考虑合理的路线以便节省时间。
It s just the matter of the schedule,that is,if it is convenient for you right now.
如果你们方便的话,我想现在讨论一下日程安排的问题。
What about your schedule?
您的日程表是怎样的?
Would you tell me about your schedule?
您能告诉我您的安排吗?
Shall we discuss the schedule?
我们要讨论一下日程表吗?
Let s talk about tomorrow s schedule.
我们来谈谈明天的计划表吧。
According to our schedule,the visit begins at 9∶00 in the morning.
根据我们的计划,参观在上午9点开始。
I m afraid we ll have a busy schedule today.
恐怕我们今天的日程安排得很紧张。
He ll probably have jetlag,so nothing s scheduled today.
他可能还没适应时差,所以今天没有安排任何节目。
draw up a tentative program/work out a copy of itinerary 拟定一个日程安排
Well,we ve drawn up a tentative program for the following six days,which lasts from tomorrow till the day you board the plane to Shanghai.
唔,我们初步拟定了从明天起到你们飞往上海之间,为期6天的日程安排。
Here is a copy of itinerary we have worked out for you and your friends.Would you please have a look at it?
这是我们为您和您的朋友拟定的活动日程安排。请过目?
settle/arrange/plan... 安排……
I think that could be easily arranged.
我想那很容易安排。
Then it s all settled.
那么就这么安排吧。
Well,we ve planned many things to help you enjoy your stay.
我们安排了很多项活动,希望您在这里玩得愉快。
We ll have enough time for our talks.And in the interval between business talks,we ll arrange some sightseeing for you,if you care for it.
我们有足够的时间来商谈,在我们商业谈判的间隔期间,如果您愿意,我们安排您观光旅行。
I wonder if it is possible to arrange shopping for us.
我想能否为我们安排一点时间购物。
When could I have this arrangement?
我什么时候可以拿到这个安排呢?
Thank you for taking all the trouble to arrange the schedule for my visit.
您为我的来访安排日程,真是太麻烦您了。
When arranging the schedule,please see to it that there is enough time for business talks.
在安排日程时,请保证有足够的时间洽谈生意。
Buses have been arranged to take representatives back to hotel after the meeting.
会后,将用车子把代表们送回酒店。
If you would be kind enough to make arrangements for this visit in advance,it would certainly be helpful to start the agenda early to our mutual advantage.
如果您能提前为这次访问做好安排,自然会早日开始对我们双方都有利的议事日程。
at one s disposal... 听从……的安排
Pose the safest way is to put ourselves at your disposal.
我想最保险的做法就是听从您的安排。
We are at your disposal.
我们听从您的安排。
postpone the time 推迟时间
Could we postpone our meeting to sometime early next week?
我们能否将会议推迟到下星期的头几天?
I m afraid I ll have to postpone our appointment.
恐怕我必须将我们的约会延期。
A:Welcome to our company,Mr.Wu.
吴先生,欢迎您到我们公司来。
B:Thank you.I m very glad to have the opportunity to visit your company.What shall we do now?
谢谢,我很高兴能有机会来你们公司参观。现在我们干什么?
A:Mr.Wu,I suppose you re very tired from the trip.We ll send you to the hotel instead.
长途旅行之后,您一定很累了,我们先送您去酒店吧。
B:Just what I need.I want to take a hot bath.
这正是我所需要的,我正想洗个热水澡呢。
A:This evening at six o clock,our general manager,Mr.Smith will have dinner with you.
今天晚上6点钟,我们的总经理史密斯先生将与您共进晚餐。
B:Good.Will you come,too?
太好了,您也来吗?
A:Yes.Here is a copy of the itinerary we have worked out for you.Our meeting will be held at 3∶00 tomorrow afternoon.And tomorrow morning I will guide you to visit our company.We also arrange a day for you to have a city tour and go shopping.
是的,我也去。吴先生,这是我们为您准备的一份这几天的日程安排。我们的会议将在明天下午3点举行,明天上午我带您参观一下我们公司,同时我们还为您安排了一天观光和购物的时间。
B:Good,thank you very much.By the way,when and where shall we meet tonight?
太好了,非常感谢,顺便问一下,今天晚上我们什么时候在哪见面?
A:Will you be ready by 5∶50 and wait for us in the lobby?
我们 5∶50在酒店大厅见,好吗?
B:Fine,see you then.
好的,到时候见。
A:See you.
再见。
Reception接待
Are you/Perhaps be... 您是……/大概是……
Excuse me,are you Mr.Johnson from Beijing?
请问您是从北京来的约翰逊先生吗?
Sorry to interrupt you,but are you Ms.Nancy from London Trading Company Ltd.?
对不起,打断一下,您是伦敦贸易有限公司的南希小姐吗?
Excuse me,but would you perhaps be Mr.and Ms.Watson?
抱歉,你们是沃生夫妇吗?
pick up/meet 迎接
Mr.Buddy will be arriving in Shanghai for the first time this morning.I d like you to pick him up and help him get settled in.
巴迪先生将在今天上午到上海,他是第一次来,我希望你去接他,帮他安顿好。
Mr.Sun asked me to come and meet you,because he was unexpectedly tied up this morning.
孙先生要我来接您,因为他今早突然有事无法分身。
I ve come to meet you.My name is Zhang Hui.
我是来接您的,我叫张辉。
Thank you for coming to meet me at the airport.
谢谢您来机场接我。
It s certainly a pleasure to meet you.
能来接您是我的荣幸。
Mr.Watt asked me to come here in his place to pick you up.My name is Anne.
是瓦特先生要我代表他来接您的,我叫安妮。
Where shall I pick you up?
我到哪里去接您?
My niece has offered to pick me up.
我的侄女说要来接我。
Welcome to Beijing.I m Alice,Mr Smith s secretary.He asked me to come here in his place to pick you up.
欢迎到北京来。我是史密斯先生的秘书,艾丽斯。他要我来这里接您。
about luggage/baggage 关于行李
How many pieces of luggage do you have?
您带了几件行李?
Your luggage is all here?
您的行李就这些吗?
Let me help you with your luggage.
让我帮您拿行李吧。
Please give me your baggage checks.I ll go and claim the baggage for you.
请把您的行李票给我,我去给您领取行李。
Do you know where the baggage claim area is?
您知道行李认领处在哪儿吗?
I wouldn t dream of... 我不能……
I wouldn t dream of letting a lady carry things for me.Surely I m not that old!
我决不能让一位女士替我拿东西。我恐怕还没老到这种程度吧!
Oh God! I wouldn t dream of being received by you.
哦,我的天哪!真没想到您来接我。
have a flight 飞行
You must be tired after such a long flight.Shall I take you straight to your hotel?
长途飞行一定很累吧,我直接带您到宾馆好吗?
Mr.Buddy will be arriving on a flight from Hong Kong at 11∶20.
巴迪先生由香港搭班机,会在11点20分到。
How about your flight?
旅途还顺利吧?
How many CAAC flights a week are there between Beijing and New York?
北京到纽约每星期有几班中国民航班机?
There was a storm coming up,so the flight was postponed.
那里遇到了暴风雨,所以飞行推迟了。
How long did the flight take from New York to Beijing?
从纽约到北京飞了多久?
I hope you had a pleasant flight over,John.
我希望您来访旅途愉快,约翰。
It takes...to... 要花……来做……
It takes time to get there.
去那里要花时间的。
It takes money to use the highway.
走高速公路要花钱的。
It takes forever to get through the custom.
过海关要花上好久啊!
I m anxious to get to the airport.How long will it take to get there?
我很着急,要赶到机场去。要多长时间才能到那里?
happen to know 碰巧认识
But do you happen to know Mr James Bush? He has just arrived from New York.
您认识詹姆斯·布什先生吗? 他刚从纽约来。
I happen to know Mr.Wang,Dean of Personnel Department.
我碰巧认识人事部王主任。
A:Excuse me,but aren t you Mr.Johnson from New York?
对不起,请问您是纽约来的约翰逊先生吗?
B:Yes,I am.
是的。
A:Nice to meet you,Mr.Johnson.I m Wang Bing,from Shanghai Foreign Trading Corporation.
很高兴见到您,约翰逊先生。我是上海对外贸易公司的王冰。
B:Oh,it s so nice to meet you in person,Mr.Wang,although we have already known each other through correspondence.Thank you for coming to meet me.
噢,王先生,见到您很高兴,虽然我们在书信往来中早就认识了。谢谢您来接我。
A:It s my pleasure.Did you have a nice trip?
不用谢。您旅途愉快吗?
B:Yes,quite pleasant.The landing was very smooth.
是的,相当愉快。飞机降落得非常稳。
A:Anyway it s a long flight.I believe you d like to freshen up a bit and have a good rest to overcome the jetlag.Shall we go to the hotel now? The car is waiting outside.
不管怎么说,飞行时间挺长的。我想您一定要先梳洗梳洗,休息一下以调整时差。我们现在就去饭店,好吗? 我们的车在外面。
B:That s fine.Thank you.
好的,谢谢。
A:May I help you with your luggage?
需要我帮您拿行李吗?
B:No,thanks.I think I can manage myself.
不,谢谢。我自己能行。
A:This way,please.
请这边走。
B:Here s our car.Please.
这是我们的车,请上车。
A:Thank you.
谢谢。
B:Mr.Johnson,I ve booked a room for you at the Peace Hotel.
约翰逊先生,我已在和平饭店为您订好了房间。
A:That s really very considerate of you.Is Pudong International Airport far from the city centre?
谢谢,您考虑得真是太周到了。浦东国际机场离市中心远吗?
B:Yes,it s quite a long way away from the city centre.It takes about fortyfive minutes to drive to the Peace Hotel in the city centre.
是的,相当远。驱车到市中心的和平饭店大约需要45分钟。
A:That s fine.
很好。
B:Is this your first trip to Shanghai?
您这是第一次来上海吗?
A:No,I was here five years ago.But last time,the plane landed at Hongqiao Airport.Shanghai has changed so much that I could hardly recognize it.
不是,我5年前来过。但上一次,飞机降落在虹桥机场。上海变化真大,我简直都认不出了。
B:Yes,Shanghai has really changed a lot in the past five years.In order to develop the city,the municipal government has made great efforts to improve the infrastructure,especially the traffic network.
是的,在过去的5年中,上海确实发生了很大的变化。为了发展上海,市政府花了很大的力气来改善上海的基础设施,尤其是城市的交通网。
A:Yes,I can see that.The roads have become much wider.
是的,这一点我看得出来。道路比以前宽多了。
B:In the past,foreign businessmen always complained about the poor traffic in Shanghai.But now traffic in the city has improved greatly.We have several bridges over the Huangpu River and several tunnels under the river.We also have two tube lines and the Inner Ring Road,a main traffic route in the city.So it s now very convenient to go from Pudong to the other parts west of the River.We are now on Century Avenue,one of the main traffic routes in the Pudong New Area.
过去,外国商人总是抱怨上海的交通糟糕。但如今上海的交通已有了很大的改善。我们在黄浦江上修建了几座桥,水下挖了好几条遂道。我们还修建了两条地铁线,一条城市的主要交通干道——内环线。因此,现在从浦东到浦西的其他地区是很方便的。我们现在在世纪大道上,它是浦东新区的主要干道之一。
A:It s really beautiful along the avenue.
大道两旁真是漂亮。
B:Look at the building with three big globelike things ahead of us.That s the Oriental Pearl TV and Radio Tower.And that silver tall building is the Jinmao Tower.
请看我们前方那幢有着3个巨大球体的建筑,那是东方明珠广播电视塔。那幢高高的银色建筑是金贸大厦。
A:Oh,terrific!
哦,太棒了!
B:From the Peace Hotel,you can have a good view of the two buildings.And the hotel is about two minutes walk to the Bund.
从和平饭店您可以很好地观赏这两大建筑。饭店离外滩只有2分钟的路程。
A:That s great.I can take a walk along the Bund.
太好了。我可以在外滩散步。
B:Here we are at the hotel.Let s be off.
我们到了。下车吧。
A:Is there anything more I can do for you?
还有什么需要我效劳的吗?
B:No,thanks.You have been very considerate.
没有了,谢谢。您已经考虑得很周到了。
A:Then I ll have to say goodbye to you.Have a good rest,Mr.Johnson.I ll get in touch with you tomorrow.
那我就要与您说再见了。好好休息一下,约翰逊先生。我明天再与您联系。
B:Thank you.See you later.
谢谢。再见。
Accommodation招待吃饭
hold reception 举行招待会
This weekend,there ll be a reception for the company president at the GrandHotel.Would you care to join us?
本周末有个接待会,在圆山饭店欢迎公司总裁,您要参加吗?
We have a reception here when someone really important like the company president visits.
凡是有重要人员如公司董事长之类的来访,我们都在这里举办招待会。
The reception is in your honor.
今天的招待会是为你们举行的。
join 参与,加入到……之中
Several of us are going out.Would you join us?
我们几个人要出去,你要加入我们吗?
Would you like to join us for dinner tonight?
您今晚想参加我们的晚宴吗?
Why don t you join me for dinner?
跟我一道吃晚餐怎么样?
I ask you to join me in drinking to the future success of our cooperation.
请您跟我一起举杯祝我们合作成功。
We re glad you joined us.It was a very productive lunch.
非常高兴您能和我们共进午餐,真是一顿很有意义的午餐。
Would you like to join me for lunch?
跟我一块吃午餐吗?
prefer 喜欢
Would you prefer Japanese,Chinese,or some other cuisine?
您是喜欢日本菜、中国菜,还是其他风味呢?
What kind of food do you prefer?
您喜欢哪一种菜?
I prefer chopsticks.I would like to practice using them.
我宁愿用筷子。我想练习练习。
Would you like... 你喜欢……
Would you like a cocktail first,to whet your appetite?
您要先来个鸡尾酒,增加一下兴趣吗?
What would you like to drink first?
您要先喝点什么酒呢?
Would you like to order a fullcourse meal?
您要点全套大餐吗?
Would you like Japanese,Chinese,or some other cuisine?
您是喜欢日本菜、中国菜,还是其他风味呢?
Would you like to eat with chopsticks?
您喜欢用筷子吗?
formal/semiformal 正式/半正式
It s semiformal.Please come in business attire.
这是个半正式宴会,请穿西装参加。
Could the ladies wear formal dresses?
女士是否需着正装?
Make sure your suit is formal nothing too loud,eh?
记得你的西装款式要正式,别太花哨,啊?
I d like to reserve... 我想预定……
I d like to reserve a table for three.
我想要预定3人一桌的位子。
I d like to reserve a table for two at seven tonight.
我想预定今晚7点2个人的位子。
propose a toast to.../cheers/bottoms up/drink to 干杯
I d also like to propose a toast.I wish we success for our cooperation.Cheers.
我也来祝酒,祝我们合作成功,来,干杯。
Cheers.
干杯!
Propose a toast to our friendship and our health,to our new contract and the success of the meeting as well as the prosperity of our dear Motherland...
为了我们的友谊,我们的健康,新的合同,会议的成功以及伟大祖国母亲的繁荣昌干杯……
Bottoms up!
干杯!
Let s drink a toast to the new rackets—bottoms up!
来,为我们的新球拍——干杯!
At the beginning of the dinner both of you toasted me and now I would like to reply to your toasts.(raises his glass)To the success of your future visits to Europe!
晚宴一开始你们二位都向我敬酒表示欢迎,现在我想回敬你们一杯。(举杯)祝你们今后访问欧洲成功!
Congratulations on your promotion,Bob! Bottoms up,everybody!
恭喜您升迁了,鲍勃! 各位,干杯!
I propose a toast to your pleasant tour in China!
我提议,为您在中国的愉快旅行干一杯!
Ladies and gentlemen,I ask you to join me in drinking to the health of Mr.Chen.
女士们,先生们,请各位跟我一起举杯祝陈先生身体健康。
Ladies and gentlemen,I ask you to join me in drinking to the future success of our cooperation.
先生们,女士们,请各位跟我一起举杯祝我们合作成功。
if sb s free 如果某人有空
If you re free this evening,I d like you to be my guest for dinner.
如果您今天晚上有空,我想请您吃饭。
Please remind him that dinner is optional tonight,if he s free this evening.
请提醒他要是今晚有空的话,可以一起吃晚餐。
have dinner with... 和……吃饭
Our president wants to have dinner with you while you re here.When would be convenient for you?
我们董事长想趁您在这里的时候请您吃晚饭。您何时方便?
I m calling to see if it s possible for you to have lunch tomorrow with Ms.Xiao and me.
我打电话是想问问明天您能否跟我和萧女士一起吃午饭。
attend a party 参加宴会
We want to give a party for you.We hope you ll be able to attend.
我们想为您举办一次宴会,希望您能参加。
We would be very delighted to attend the party.
我们很乐意参加这次宴会。
drop in/into 顺便
Shall we drop in somewhere for a couple of drinks?
我们要不要顺便找个地方喝几杯?
Sorry I m late—we dropped into the pub on the way.
对不起,我迟到了——我们半路上顺便到酒馆坐了坐。
celebrate the success 庆祝成功
How about having a drink or two to celebrate the successful conclusion of our business?
为了庆祝这项生意圆满谈成,我们去喝几杯怎么样?
Mr.White,to celebrate the success of our firsttime cooperation,let s have dinner together tonight.
怀特先生,为了庆贺我们首次合作成功,我们今晚一起共进晚餐吧。
invite sb. to 邀请某人
I want to invite you and Mr.Thompson out before I leave.
在我离开之前,我想邀请您和汤普森先生外出共餐。
Good evening.It was very kind of you to invite us.
晚安,非常感谢您的邀请。
It s very kind of you to invite me to such a beautiful place.
您在这么美的地方招待我,真是太好了。
I regret we re unable to accept your kind invitation.
很遗憾我们不能接受您的盛情邀请。
typical 地道的,有代表性的
I d like to take you out for a typical chinese dinner.
我想带您去吃一顿地道的中国菜。
What kind of food is typical?
什么样的食物才算地道呢?
pay the bill/check 结账
Waiter,the bill,please.
服务员,请结账。
We ll take the bill now.
我们现在要付账。
Can you bring us our check,please?
请把账单给我们拿来好吗?
Bring me by bill,please.
请把我的账单拿来。
A:Mr.Bush.how do you find your room in the hotel?
布什先生,您觉得宾馆的房间怎么样?
B:Very comfortable and quiet.The attendants are obliging and managed to cope with me without being able to speak English.
很舒服,也很安静。服务员服务周到,他们不会讲英语,可是也想方设法解决我的问题。
A:I m glad you find things satisfactory.As this is your first visit to China,you would no doubt be interested in Chinese cooking.
我很高兴您对这一切都满意。这是您第一次访问中国,您一定会对中国烹饪感兴趣。
B:I really do not deserve your kindness.
你们的盛情,我真不敢当。
C:(Entering the room) Now,I d like you to meet my friends.Allow me to introduce them to you.This is Mr.Zhao,the assistant manager or our corporation.He is in charge of the sales department.This is Mrs.Chen.She is the finance department manager,and this is Mr.Wu.the director of the manager office.Mr Zhao,Mrs Chen and Mr.Wu are with us this evening.
(走进餐厅)现在,我给您介绍我的几位朋友。这位是赵先生,我们公司的副经理,他负责销售。这位是陈太太,她是负责财务的经理。这位是吴先生,经理办公室主任。赵先生、陈太太及吴先生和我们一起共进晚餐。
B:Oh,how nice! I m very glad to meet you,Mrs.Chen,Mr.Zhao and Mr.Wu.
啊,太好了,认识你们我真高兴,陈太太,赵先生和吴先生。
Z,W,Ch:Glad to meet you,too.
赵、陈、吴:认识您我们也很高兴。
C:Now,let s be seated.Have a cup of tea,please.
现在,各位请坐,请喝茶。
B:Thank you.It s good to start with a cup of Chinese tea.I like it.
谢谢,开始来杯中国茶倒不错,我喜欢喝。
C:I m glad to hear that.By the way,Mr.Bush,do you intend to have a long stay here?
您喜欢,我很高兴,顺便问一下,布什先生,您打算在这里多呆一段时间吗?
B:About one month.This is meant to be both a business and pleasure trip.If possible,I ll visit Shanghai,Xi an,Shandong and so on.
大约1个月。那就是说既处理业务又游览游览。如果可能的话,我将去上海、西安及山东等地。
C:That s a good idea.There are many famous places in China worth visiting.
很好。中国有很多有名的地方值得看看。
B:But as a businessman,I ll put my business concerns first.
但是,作为一个商人,我还是先考虑业务。
C:Good,you are quite right here.
好,您说得对。
W:Dinner is ready,Shall we move over to the table?
饭菜已备好了,请入席吧。
C:Mr.Bush,this is your seat.Sit here,please.
布什先生,这是您的座位,请坐这边。
B:Thank you,Mr Li.I m really a bit nervous now.I know nothing of your table manners.It would be in bad taste for a guest to make a blunder.
谢谢,李先生。我现在真有些不安。我对你们席间礼节一点也不懂。如果客人失礼,就难堪了。
C:Don t worry,Mr.Bush.As for our table manners,there is only one rule you are to observe.That is to make yourself at home.
不要担心,布什先生。至于席间礼节,您只要遵守一条就行了,那就是不要客气。
B:No wonder the Chinese are said to be hospitable.
怪不得人们说中国人很好客。
C:Mr.Bush,which do you prefer,brandy or wine?
布什先生,您喝白兰地还是葡萄酒?
B:Brandy is too strong for me,and wine...Mr.Li,do you have any beer?
白兰地度数太高,而葡萄酒……李先生,有没有啤酒呀?
C:Sure,Budweiser or Qingdao beer?
当然有,要百威啤酒还是青岛啤酒?
B:Qingdao beer,please.
青岛啤酒。
C:Well,to your health and success in business.
好,祝您身体健康,生意兴隆。
B:And to yours.
也祝你们。
C:This is the Roast Beijing Duck with Beijing specialities.It tastes best when taken piping hot.Help yourself,please.
这是北京风味的北京烤鸭,趁热吃最好不过了。随便吃。
B:Thank you.These are all very delicious.
谢谢,这些菜都太好吃了。
C:I m glad you like them.Are you able to use chopsticks?
您喜欢,我很高兴。您会用筷子吗?
B:Yes,I learned to use them before I came to China.You know,there are many Chinese restaurants in New York.I like Chinese food very much.
是的。在来中国之前我就学着用筷子。你知道,纽约有许多中国餐馆。我很喜欢中国菜。
C:That s good! May I fill your glass again?
太好了。我可以再给您填满这杯吗?
B:Thank you,Mr.Li.What do we say in Chinese for “Bottoms up”?
谢谢,李先生,用中文怎么说“Bottoms up”?
C:We say “Gan Bei”.I wish to propose a toast to our friendship and cooperation.Gan Bei!
我们说“干杯”。我提议,为我们的友谊和合作,“干杯”!
All:To our friendship and cooperation,Gan Bei!
为我们的友谊和合作,“干杯”!