Disagreeing with the chairperson is acceptable (even expected).Naturally there are ways of disagreeing or saying that you partly agree, in a manner that is polite and acceptable. Disagreeing with a colleague in a meeting is not a personal matter, but part of the process of achieving the purposes of the meeting.
与会议主席意见不同是会被接受的(甚至会受到鼓励)。人们通常都是以让人能够接受的方式很礼貌地表示不同意见。在会上与同事意见不一致绝不是个人之间的意见,而是使会议取得成功的必要过程。
赞成
agree to / with sth. 同意
I agree with the proposal.
(=I m in favor of the proposal.)
(=I m for the proposal.)
我赞同该提议。
Mr.President,our delegation is pleased to agree to the motion.
主席先生,我们的代表团很乐意接受该提案。
I agree with you about/ on the new plan.
(=I agree to share the same opinion about/ on the new plan.)
关于这个新计划我赞同你的意见。
I agree to your request to postpone payment.
(=I am willing to accept your request to postpone payment.)
(=I allow your request to postpone payment.)
我同意你延期付款的要求。
I agree to review your credit position in a few months.
我同意几个月后再审查一下你的信用等级。
Yes,I absolutely agree with your idea.
是的,我完全同意你的想法。
I agree with almost all of your suggestions.
你的建议我几乎都赞成。
We have no time to argue, so we agree with your advice.
因为我们没有时间争论,所以我们接受你的忠告。
That is correct.We willingly agree with your opinion.
那是正确的,我们欣然接受你的意见。
agree/in agreement with sb. 同意某人
I agree with the chairman s statement.
(=I have the same opinion as the chairman.)
我同意主席的陈述。
I agree with Mr.Smith s opinion that protecting the personal information of members is an important concern.
我赞同Smith先生所说,保护会员个人资料是一个重要考量。
I fully agree with Mr.Smith and I think there is nothing to amend at this point.
我完全同意Smith先生,而且我认为在这点上没有任何需要修正的地方。
I agree with you on your last statement.
我对你先前的见解表示赞成。
I agree with you about the analysis.
我同意你这样分析。
I am in agreement with Dr. Green.
我完全同意 Green 先生的见解。
I completely agree with Professor Wood in this decision.
在这项决定上我完全同意 Wood 教授。
I wish I could say that I am in agreement with Dr. Right on this point.
在这一点上我想说,我同意 Right 先生。
I completely agree with Mr. Smith; how about you?
我完全同意 Smith 先生,大家怎么看?
agree... but... 赞成,但是
I agree in principle,but I need time to think about it.
原则上我赞同,但是我需要时间来考虑。
I would tend to agree to your opinion. But they disagree.
我比较倾向赞同你的意见。但是他们不同意。
I wish I could agree with you, but I find it difficult to understand your point.
真希望我能同意你,可是我发现要了解你的观点很难。
We agree a little of what your company is saying, but I have to discuss with my boss.
我们懂一些你们公司的意思,但是我需要和老板商量。
understand... 理解
Yes, I think I fully understand your point.
是的,我想我完全了解你的意思。
I understand the stance you are in.
我明白你所处的立场。
I understand this issue must be difficult for you.
我了解这个问题对于你来说一定不简单。
I can understand that this must occupy much of your thoughts.
我可以明白,这事肯定一直萦绕在你的脑海中。
I understand your opinion only partially.
我只了解你的一部分意见。
I really understand how bad you feel.
我真的明白你感觉有多糟。
I understand that you are interested in the radical intermediates and that you intend to trap them by special technique.
我了解你对放射性中间体感兴趣,而且你打算使用一种特殊的技术追踪它。
As your best partner, I understand what you want to do.
作为你最好的搭档,我了解你想做什么。
Yes, I understand your point of view.
是的,我明白您的观点。
I can understand your situation.
我可以了解您的处境。
I see... 我懂
I see.I finally understand,thanks to your explanation.
我懂了。多亏你的解释,我终于了解了。
I see.You have a point there.
我懂了。你说的有道理。
I see what you mean and I appreciate your position.
我懂您的意思,而且我也很清楚您的立场。
sound good 听来不错
That sounds good.Please do so.
那听起来不错。请照做。
That news sounds good.
那则消息听来不错。
A:I d like to propose an advertising campaign using the Internet homepage.
我建议使用网络主页,打广告促销。
B:Using Internet would be a good idea. I agree with it completely.
使用互联网是一个很好的构想,我完全赞同。
A:Let s subcontract production of the illustrations for a really professional look.
为了看起来更专业,插图部分我们送出外包。
B:That sounds great! I hadn t thought about it, but professional illustrations would be very impressive.
那太棒了!关于这点我没有想到,但专业的说明是非常抢眼的。
A:Yes, I think we can agree on that.
是的,我认为我们可以在这个问题上达成一致了。
B:I can imagine that this must occupy much of your thoughts.
我可以想象,这事肯定让你费了很多心思。
A:That s true.
的确是这样。
反对
cannot...无法
I cannot agree with Mr. Smith on that issue.
在这个议题上,我不同意 Smith 先生的观点。
I cannot offer you my support at this time.
在现阶段,我无法支援你。
Mr. President, I cannot agree to the proposal until we have fully examined the issue of protecting personal information.
主席,在我们尚未完全检查保护个人资料的问题之前,我无法同意这个提案。
I cannot help you with this issue.
在这个问题上,我爱莫能助。
To be frank, I cannot accept this unfair contract.
坦白说,我无法接受这不公平的合约。
I am afraid that I cannot reply to your offer in a timely fashion.
我恐怕没办法及时回复你的提议。
I have spent a great deal of thought on your proposal and I have decided that we cannot accept it at this time.
我仔细考虑过你的提案,并且决定我们目前无法接受。
I understand your conditions.However,under our circumstances,I cannot accommodate your request.
我了解你的情况。然而,在我们的状况下,我无法接受你的要求。
We have continuously discussed this issue since the last meeting,but we are afraid that we cannot adopt your plan.
自上次会议以来我们一直在讨论这个议题,但恐怕我们无法采用你的计划。
But I cannot agree leaving the product on the market just to save our profits.
但是我不同意只为了自己的利益,就继续销售产品。
no/ not... 不接受
I m afraid we are not going to agree on this.
恐怕我们不能在此问题上达成一致意见。
I see no point in continuing this discussion.
我认为没有必要再继续谈了。
I don t agree. This will not be of benefit to us.
我不同意。这对我们没有好处。
What you are saying does not fit well with our company s policy.
你所说的并不符合我们公司的方针。
You always blame the tardiness on our company, but this time we are not going to keep quiet.
你们总是将延迟归咎于我们公司,但是这次我们不打算再沉默了。
There is almost no hope.
几乎没有希望。
I am sorry but I am not able to agree with this case.
我很抱歉,但是我无法同意这个案子。
Your opinion is not as it seems to be.
你的意见似乎与实际有出入。
I m sorry there is no way to concede.
很抱歉,我们不可能再让步了。
We will not make a contract for your cheat.
我们不可能签约了,因为你们骗人。
dis / im / un 表示与相反
This condition is a disadvantage for our company as a whole.
整体来看,这个条件对我们公司不利。
Such a ridiculous thing is impossible.
如此荒谬的事是不可能的。
Such a conclusion is unthinkable.
这样的结论是无法想象的。
It is impossible to reach a solution without the cooperation of all.
没有各方面的合作,要解决问题是不可能的。
I am sorry,but your request is unacceptable.
我很抱歉,不过你的要求是无法接受的。
Unfortunately, upon scrutinizing your proposal, we found it unacceptable.
非常遗憾,经过我们审慎的研究,我们无法接受你们的提议。
That decision is unfair.
那个决定是不公平的。
Unfortunately, that s not so.
不幸的是,事实并非如此。
That s impossible to believe.
那不可能令人相信。
alternative 替代的,不同的
I wish that you would give alternative proposals.
我希望你能提出替代方案。
I have an alternative perspective on this.
(=I have a different point of view on this issue.)
在这个问题上,我有不同的看法。
I would like to point out an alternative way of looking at this.
我想指出看待此事的另一个方式。
Let s think up some alternative plans for this joint venture.
关于这个合资企业,我们想一些替代方案吧。
One alternative way of satisfying both our objectives is the development of new material.
另一个可以同时满足我们这两个目标的方法是开发新材料。
An alternative solution that I see is the improvement of financial situations.
我认为有一个替代解决的方法是改善财务状况。
But there is a way to have the best of both alternatives.
不过还有一个两全其美的方法。
never... 从未
What a funny story.I have never heard of it before.
多有趣的故事,我之前从来没听说过。
I have never thought about that.
我从来未想过那件事。
It s never occurred to me.
我从来没想过。
oppose/object/take exception to 反对他人的观点I would oppose to that legislation.
我反对这项立法。
I strongly oppose to the plan.
我强烈反对这个计划。
I would object to Dr. Party s statement.
我反对 Party 先生的观点。
I object to heavy drinking.
我反对酗酒。
I d like to take exception to that comment.
我反对那项评论。
I must take exception to the phrase.
我反对那种说法。
A:It might be that we should cut down on costs by reducing the number of workers.
也许我们应该裁减员工,来减少开销。
B:I m afraid I can t accept your proposal.
我恐怕无法接受你的提议。
A:Why?
为什么?
B:It s obvious that using this means company has led to this decline.
很明显,这么做意味着公司进入衰退期。
A:But... If you say that, I can not help you with this issue.
但是……如果你要这么说的话,在这个问题上我就爱莫能助了。
B:How can we do so? What you are saying does not fit well with our company s policy.
我们怎么可以这么做呢?你所说的并不符合我们公司的方针。
A:I wish that you would give alternative proposals.
我希望你能提出更好的方案。
B:Let s reconsider that together.
我们再重新考虑一下吧。
中立
but 但是(表示不完全同意)
I understand what you re saying, but things are not so easy.
你说的我了解,但事情并非那么简单。
I can see that, but it may cause trouble.
我明白这一点,不过它可能会招来麻烦。
That s true, but there s a better way.
这是真的,不过还有更好的办法。
I see your point, but it s hard to believe those statistics.
我明白你的观点,但那些统计资料很难叫人相信。
Perhaps, but don t you think it s too late?
或许是这样,但你不认为太迟了吗?
That may well be correct, but we still have to consider the other divisions.
那也许正确,但是我们仍需要考虑到其他部门。
I agree to almost everything,but I would like to add some small improvements.
大部分我都同意,不过我想补充一些小小的改进之处。
Not a bad idea, but maybe we should look at the larger picture.
说得没错,不过也许我们应着眼于大局。
I almost agree with it, but there is still something which should be improved.
大部分我都同意,但仍有一些地方需要改进。
I think so, but I want to add something.
我也这样认为,但是我想补充几句。
hard to say 很难说
This proposal and your proposal are both very good, and it is hard to say which is better.
这个提案和你的提案都很棒,很难说哪一个比较好。
Although Mr.Smith has touched on the subject,it is hard to say that he has dealt thoroughly with the solution.
虽然Smith先生涉及过该项议题,但很难说他已把解决方案彻底地处理好。
It s hard to say under this circumstance.
在这种情况下很难说。
Hard to say. It all depends.
难说,这要看情形了。
have no opinion 没意见
I really have no opinion about that.
我确实对此没有任何意见。
I have no opinion to that either.
对那我也没有异议。
If you can assure, I have no opinion to it.
如果你敢打保票,我没意见。
I have no opinion to which one you choose, because they are both so brilliant.
你选择他们哪一个我都没意见,因为他们都很优秀。
consider/think over/take into consideration again 重新考虑
Why don t you take this problem into consideration again?
你为何不再将这个问题考虑进去?
May I interrupt for a moment? Why not think it over again before ****** a final decision?
我能打断一下吗?为何不在做最后决定之前,再重头考虑一次?
I hope that you consider the plan again to make it mutually beneficial for both parties.
为了能让双方都受益,我希望你能再考虑一下这个计划。
We need to drastically consider the new business plan again.
我们需要彻底地重新考虑这个新商业计划。
Since it is your earnest request,I will consider it again.
既然这是你诚挚的要求,我会重新考虑的。
I think I will be able to take your request into consideration again.
我想我可以重新考虑你的要求。
A:We could continue to use Eastern Transfer for shipping, but we feel a more reliable company is needed.
我们可以继续使用东方转运公司运输,但我们需要一家更可靠的公司。
B:I m glad you feel that way; we also wanted to propose changing shippers.
你有那种想法我很高兴,我们也想建议改换装运公司。
C:I understand what you re saying, but things are not so easy.
你们说的我都了解,但事情并非那么简单。
A:I think that would be acceptable to everyone.
我认为换装运公司每一个人都能接受。
C:Maybe you re right, but don t you think it s too late?
或许是那样,但你不认为太迟了吗?
B:That s true, but there is a better way.
这是真的,不过还有更好的办法。
C:Really? What s that?
真的吗?那是什么好主意?