书城外语日常286词玩转英语口语
31771100000048

第48章 V(2)

2. in the air在流传中,悬而未决,在空中

3. hype [haip] n, v. 炒作,大肆宣传,使兴奋

visit参观,游览,访问,巡视,调查

Useful Phrases实用短语

①pay a visit to访问(某人);参观(某地)

Yesterday,we paid a visit to his factory.

昨天,我们参观了他的工厂。

②visit with sb.与某人聊天,与某人闲谈

Every weekend I'll go to my grandfather's house to visit with him.

每周末我都会去爷爷家和他聊天。

③visit sth. on sb./sth.对……进行惩罚

The sin of her mother was visited on her.

她妈妈作的孽报到她的身上了。

Daily Conversation日常会话

A:So, what will we do next step

那么,我们下一步要做什么?

B:I have informed them we'll pay a visit to their factory to have a further learning about their products this Friday.

我已经通知他们这周五要到他们工厂参观以便更进一步的了解他们的产品。

A:OK. I'll do some preparation for it.

好的。我会做些准备的。

Notes:

learn about了解,学习

voice声音,歌声,嗓子,意见

Daily Conversation日常会话

①lose one's voice嗓子哑(失声)

He sang so many songs tonight that he lost his voice at last.

他今晚唱了那么多的歌曲以至于最后嗓子哑了。

②be of one voice意见一致

Surprisingly, all the students in the class are of one voice.

令人吃惊的是,教室里所有的学生意见都一致。

③raise one's voice提高嗓门,(对某人)大声叫嚷

How can you raise your voice to your mother

你怎么能对你妈妈大嚷呢?

Daily Conversation日常会话

A:Come on, Tom. You have sang so many songs tonight. Why don't you have a rest now Do you know you'll lose your voice tomorrow

好了,汤姆。你今晚已经唱了那么多首歌了。现在为什么不休息一下呢?你知道这样你明天嗓子会哑吗?

B:I know your suggestion is good for me. But I'm so happy that I can't help singing.

我知道你的建议为我好。但是我太高兴了以致控制不住想要唱歌。

Notes:

1. be good for有益于,对……有好处

2. can't help doing sth.忍不住要做……

vote投票,选票,表决,投票权,表决权

Daily Conversation日常会话

①take a vote on st对某事进行表决

Now, it's the time to take a vote on how to punish him.

现在,是如何对他惩罚进行表决的时候了。

②vote sth. through投票通过

My proposel to go Neitherland for our summer holiday has been voted through by the whole family.

我的暑期去荷兰旅游的建议已经全家通过了。

③vote sb. in投票选出……任职

Jessie was voted in the monitor.

杰西被选为班长。

Daily Conversation日常会话

A:Mary, can you have a ****** retelling on yesterday's meeting to me I'm so sorry that I can't attend it.

玛丽,你能给我简单复述一下昨天的会议吗?很遗憾我没能参加。

B:Of course. After finishing the reports of every department, we mainly took a vote on Rose's promotion. The majority voted her in our new head.

当然.结束了各个部门的报告之后,我们主要对玫瑰的升职进行了表决。大多数人投票选出她做我们的新总管。

Notes:

1. retellv. 复述,再讲,重述

2. promotionn. 提升,晋升,促销,促进

3. the majority大多数人

venture冒险,投机,风险,冒险,敢于,胆敢

Daily Conversation日常会话

①venture into/on sth.冒险做……

Why do you always venture on some dangerous activities

为什么你总是冒险做一些危险的活动呢?

②Nothing venture ,nothing gain.不入虎穴,焉得虎子。

I don't agree with the view that 'nothing venture, nothing gain'.

我不赞成“不入虎穴,焉得虎子”的这一观点。

Daily Conversation日常会话

A:Can you promise me never to venture on such dangerous things You know I'm really afraid of losing you.

你能向我承诺以后不会再冒险做这么危险的事情了吗?你知道我真的害怕失去你。

B:I'm sorry, darling. If you don't like that, I'll never do it again. I don't want to see you worry about me.

对不起,亲爱的。如果你不喜欢,我以后再也不会做了。我不想看见你为我担心。

virtue道德,美德,优点,好处

Useful Phrases实用短语

①by virtue of由于……。凭借,因为

He became well off by virtue of a large inheritance.

他由于继承了大笔遗产而致富。

②Virtue is fairer far than beauty.

美德远胜于美貌。

③Virtue is its own reward.

善有善报。(意指:德行的酬报就是德行本身)

Daily Conversation日常会话

A:Look! What a beautiful girl she is. I guess she must have many admirers.

看!好美的一个女孩啊。我猜她一定有很多的追求者吧。

B:Actually, no one can endure her after contacting with her. You know I can't say much more about her behaviour. In a word, virtue is fairer far than beauty.

事实上,和她接触以后没人能受得了她。你知道对于她的举止我不知道该说些什么了。总之,美德远胜于美貌 。

Notes:

1. admirer [?d'mai?r?] n. 爱慕者,仰慕者

2. behaviour行为,习性,表现

3. in a word总之,一句话