书城外语英语PARTY——交际口语排练室
45659300000008

第8章 情景短剧欣赏(1)

BILL: Good morning, sir.

先生早。

MAN: Good morning.

早。

PAULO: Hello, Bill. How are you today?

喂, 比尔, 今天好吗?

BILL: Fine, thanks. Beautiful day!

很好, 谢谢您。 今天天气真好!

PAULO: Good for business.

是个做生意的好日子。

BILL: Sure is.

说的是。

PAULO: See you later.

回头见。

BILL: OK. Paulo. See you later.

好, 回头见, 保罗。

GIRL: Excuse me, sir.

先生, 请问……

BILL: Yes?

有什么指教?

GIRL: Is this the Museum of Modern Art?

这是不是现代艺术博物馆?

BILL: No. This is the Space Building. That,s the Museum over there.

不是, 这是太空大厦. 那边那座是博物馆。

GIRL: Thank you very much.

谢谢您。

BILL: You,re welcome.

不客气。

PAULO: Bill!

比尔!

BILL: Hi, Paulo.

嗨, 保罗。

PAULO:Bill, this is my sister, Joana Farias.

比尔, 这是我妹妹琼娜·法瑞斯。

BILL: Very pleased to meet you.

很高兴认识。

PAULO: Excuse me, Bill. Your last name is…?

抱歉, 比尔。 您的姓是……?

BILL: O,Neill.

奥尼尔。

PAULO: Bill O,Neill.

比尔·奥尼尔。

JOANA: How do you do, Mr. O,Neill?

奥尼尔先生您好。

BILL: Call me Bill.

叫我比尔就可以。

WOMAN: Excuse me, sir. Is this the Museum of Modern Art?

先生, 对不起, 请问这是不是现代艺术馆?

PAULO: Goodbye, Bill. See you this afternoon.

比尔再见, 下午见。

BILL: Goodbye. A pleasure meeting you, Joana.

再见。 很高兴和您见面, 琼娜。

BILL: Now, Miss. The Museum of Modern Art is…

嗯, 小姐, 现代艺术博物馆在……

PAULO: Hello, Bill.

比尔您好。

BILL: Hi, Paulo. How are you?

嗨, 保罗, 您好吗?

PAULO: Fine, thanks. Bill, this is my mother, Mrs. Farias. Mother, Bill O,Neill.

很好, 谢谢。 比尔, 这位是家母法瑞斯太太。 妈, 这位是比尔·奥尼尔。

MRS. FARIAS: How do you do, Mr. O,Neill?

奥尼尔先生您好。

BILL: Pleased to meet you, Mrs. Farias.

很高兴认识您, 法瑞斯太太。

MRS. FARIAS: Paulo, is that Joana over there?

保罗, 那边那位是不是琼娜?

PAULO: Yes. Joana! Joana!

是的。 琼娜! 琼娜!

MRS. FARIAS: Goodbye, Mr. O,Neill. Nice to meet you.

奥尼尔先生再见, 很高兴认识您。

BILL: A pleasure meeting you, Mrs. Farias. Good night, Paulo. See you tomorrow.

很高兴认识您, 法瑞斯太太。 保罗晚安, 明天见。

LAURA: Hi, Bill. I,m late again.

比尔, 您好。 我又迟到了。

BILL: Uhhuh. Fifteen minutes.

是的, 迟到了十五分钟。

LAURA: Really?

真的?

BILL: Yes, really.

嗯, 真的。

LAURA: Is my boss here?

老板来了没有?

BILL: Yes, he is. Good luck.

嗯, 来了。 祝您好运。

LAURA: Good morning, sir.

老板您早。

MR. CRAWFORD: Good morning, Miss Segura.

瑟姑拉小姐早。

LAURA: I,m sorry I,m late, sir, but this morning…

对不起, 老板, 我迟到了。 是因为今天早上……

MR. CRAWFORD: You are always late, Miss Segura.

瑟姑拉小姐, 您总是迟到。

LAURA: But, sir, this morning…

可是今天早上……

MR.CRAWFORD: Miss Segura, please be here at nine o,clock.

瑟姑拉小姐, 请九点钟到。

LAURA: Yes, sir.

是的, 老板。

BILL: Well, how,s your boss this morning?

您的老板今天怎么样?

LAURA: He,s angry. “Miss Segura. Please be here at nine o,clock.”

他生气了。 “瑟姑拉小姐, 请您九点钟到。”

BILL: Your boss is right.

您的老板没有错。

LAURA: He,s a monster!

他是一个怪物!

BILL: He,s right, Laura.

劳拉, 他是对的。

LAURA: OK, he,s right.

好吧, 他没有错。

BILL: Here.

来这儿。

LAURA: What is it?

那是什么?

BILL: It,s an ice cream sandwich.

一个冰淇淋三明治。

LAURA: How much is it?

多少钱?

BILL: For you - free!

给您……免费赠送!

LAURA: Oh, Bill. You,re a sweetheart!

比尔, 您真好!

MR.CRAWFORD: Hi, dear. Sorry I,m late.

亲爱的, 我回来了。 今天晚了一点, 很抱歉。

MRS. CRAWFORD: That,s okay, dear. Busy day?

没关系, 亲爱的, 忙吗?

MR. CRAWFORD: Yes, very. My secretary, Miss Segura…

嗯, 非常忙, 我的秘书瑟姑拉小姐……

MRS. CRAWFORD: Laura! How is she?

劳拉! 她怎么样了?

MR. CRAWFORD: She,s fine, but…

她很好, 但是……

MRS. CRAWFORD: Oh, that,s good. She,s very nice.

那好, 她人很好。

MR. CRAWFORD: Yes, she is, but she,s always late.

是的, 她很好, 可是她经常迟到。

MRS. CRAWFORD: Very late?

很迟吗?

MR. CRAWFORD: Yes. Fifteen minutes is very late!

嗯, 迟到十五分钟非常的严重!

JOANA: Where,s the English class?

英文课在哪上?

PAULO: On the first floor. Room 101.

在一楼, 一零一号教室。

JOANA: Are you sure?

您确定吗?

PAULO: No, I…

不, 我……

JOANA: Look, Paulo. Are those students in our class?

保罗您看, 那些学生是不是在我们的班上?

PAULO: Maybe they are. Excuse me. Good evening. Are you in English 3?

或许是。 很抱歉, 各位晚安。 请问你们是不是上第三级英文?

STUDENTS: Yes, we are.

是的, 我们是。

PAULO: What,s the room number?

教室是几号?

STUDENT 1: 201. On the second floor.

二零一, 在二楼。

PAULO: Thank you. See you there.

谢谢。 到那儿见。

PAULO: Look, Joana. There,s my assistant, Maria, and her husband. Hello, Maria! Over here!

琼娜, 你看, 那位就是我的助手玛利亚, 还有她的先生。 喂, 玛利亚! 在这里!

MARIA: Paulo! Joana! What a surprise! Are you here for English, too?

保罗! 琼娜! 真想不到! 您们也来上英文课吗?

PAULO AND JOANA: Yes, we are.

是的, 我们也是。

MARIA: Howard, this is Paulo Farias, the new manager, and his sister, Joana. My husband, Howard Becker.

霍华德, 这就是那新来的经理保罗·法瑞斯, 和他的妹妹琼娜。 这是我先生, 霍华德·贝克。

PAULO, JOANA, AND HOWARD:

Nice to meet you.

很高兴认识您。

PAULO: Here,s the room. 201.

到了, 就是这间, 二零一号教室。

TEACHER: Good evening, class.

各位同学, 晚安。

STUDENTS: Good evening.

晚安。

TEACHER: Please sit down. Here are your books, New English 900. Now, listen to this dialogue. Books closed.

请坐下。 这是你们的书《新英语九百句》。现在请把书合起来听听这段对话。

JOANA: Paulo, I,m nervous.

保罗, 我很紧张。

PAULO: Why?

为什么?

JOANA: I,m always nervous in school.

上课的时候我总是会紧张。

PAULO: Why? The teacher is very nice.

为什么? 这位老师很慈祥。

JOANA: Yes, she is. But English is hard.

她是很慈祥, 可是英文太难了。

PAULO: A new language is always hard.

学一种新的语言总是很困难的。

STUDENT: Ssssh!

嘘!

JOANA: I,m sorry.

对不起。

TEACHER: Now, open your books to page 1, and repeat after me.

现在请将书打开到第一页,并跟着我念。

ARTURO: There,s the plane, Miguel. Wow! It,s a 747.

米盖尔, 飞机就在那里。 哇! 是架七四七!

MAMA: My little Miguel.

我的小米盖尔。

MIGUEL: Mama, I,m a man!

妈, 我已经长大了!

ARTURO: 747 are beautiful planes.

七四七客机真漂亮。

MAMA: Where is your suitcase?

你的旅行箱在哪?

MIGUEL: Right here, Mama.

就在这里, 妈。

MAMA: And your tickets?

机票呢?

MIGUEL: They,re in my pocket, Mama.

在我的口袋里, 妈。

MAMA: And your passport?

护照呢?

MIGUEL: It,s in my pocket, too, Mama.

护照也在我的口袋里, 妈。

MAMA: Here,s a present.

来, 这是件礼物。

MIGUEL: Oh, Mama.

噢, 妈。

MAMA: Open it.

打开吧!

MIGUEL: It,s beautiful.

真漂亮。

ARTURO: What is it?

那是什么?

MIGUEL: A gold coin.

一块金币。

MAMA: It,s for luck.

是带给你的好运。

MIGUEL: Thank you, Mama.

谢谢妈。

MAMA: Goodbye, Son.

再见, 孩子。

ARTURO: Goodbye, Miguel.

米盖尔再见。

MIGUEL: Goodbye Arturo. Goodbye, Mama.

阿徒若再见, 妈再见。

CARLO: Aren,t you hungry?

您不饿吗?

ANNA: No, I,m not. Not really.

还好, 不怎么饿。

CARLO: Well, it,s 9:30, and I am.

哦, 已经九点半了, 我可饿了。

ANNA: There,s a cafeteria on the ground floor.

在一楼有一个自助餐厅。

CARLO: But it,s expensive, isn,t it?

可是那家自助餐厅卖得很贵, 不是吗?

ANNA: No, it isn,t.

不贵呀。

CARLO: How,s the food?

菜怎么样?

ANNA: It,s not bad.

还不错。

CARLO: OK. then. Let,s go to the cafeteria.

好吧, 我们就去自助餐厅吧!

CARLO: What,s that in English?

那个英文怎么讲?

ANNA: Stew.

Stew。

CARLO: Spell it.

拼出来。

ANNA: Stew.

Stew。

CARLO: Stew. Stew, stew.

Stew. Stew, stew。

COUNTERMAN: Next, next. Who,s next?

下一位, 下一位, 下一位是谁?

CARLO: Uh, I,m not ready yet, thank you.

这个……我还没想好, 不好意思。

COUNTERMAN: Take your time. Next!

慢慢来。 下一位!

CARLO: What are those, Anna?

安娜, 那些是什么?

ANNA: Baked potatoes.

烤的马铃薯。

COUNTERMAN: Next!

下一位!

MAN: A hamburger and french fries, please.

请给我一个汉堡, 还有一客炸薯条。

COUNTERMAN: Joe, a burger and fries. Next!

乔, 汉堡、薯条一客! 下一位!

ANNA: You,re next, Carlo.

卡洛, 轮到你了。

CARLO: Uh, stew, a salad, and coffee, please.

这个……, 请给我炖肉、一客沙拉、还有咖啡。

COUNTERMAN: Here you are. The coffee,s at that counter over there. Next!

这是你的, 咖啡在那边的柜台上。下一位。

ANNA: Vegetable soup, please.

请给我蔬菜汤。

COUNTERMAN: Here you are. Next!

这是你的。 下一位!

CARLO: What,s that?

那是什么?

ANNA: Pizza.

Pizza。

CARLO: No, not in Italian. What is it in English?

不, 不是用意大利文, 英文怎么讲?

ANNA: It,s “pizza” in English, too.

英文也叫 Pizza。

CARLO: Oh, really? What are those?

哦, 真的? 那些是什么东西?

ANNA: Baked potatoes.

烤马铃薯。

CARLO: And this?

那这个呢?

ANNA: Uh… an apple.

嗯……是 apple (苹果)。

CARLO: Are you sure?