hair毛发,头发
Useful Phrases实用短语
①touch a hair of sb.'s head不动某人一跟头发,丝毫不伤害某人
You must promise you won't touch a hair of her head, or you can't get any money you asked.
你必须保证不伤害她一根头发,否则你要的钱一分也拿不到。
②let your hair down放松,轻松一下
It's the time for you to let your hair down and to have some fun.
你该放松娱乐一下了。
③get in sb.'s hair烦扰某人,缠着(提问等)
The man always gets in her hair to ask many boring questions, so annoying.
那个男子一直缠着她问一些枯燥的问题,真烦人。
Daily Conversation日常会话
A:If you dare to touch a hair of my son's head, I'll call the police.
如果你敢动我儿子一根头发,我就报警。
B:Don't call the police or you'll never see him again. Come here alone with the money.
不要报警否则你永远也别想见到他。带上钱独自到这来。
A:All right, but on the condition of my son's safe.
可以,但是以我儿子的安全为前提。
B:I promise you. You'd better come here as soon as possible.
我向你保证。你最好快点来。
Notes:
on the condition of以……为条件,以……为前提
hand手,帮助,协助
Useful Phrases实用短语
①at the hands of sb.某人导致,出自某人之手
This murder was at the hands of the man's wife.
这场谋杀是那个男人的妻子干的。
②fall into sb.'s hand受制于某人,被某人控制
The city fell into enemies'hands.
这座城市落到敌人手里了。
③have your hands full应接不暇,忙得不可开交
Her boss gave her too many tasks so that she had been having her hands full all day long.
她的老板交给她太多的任务以至于她一整天忙得不可开交。
Daily Conversation日常会话
A:Do you know our losses are at the hands of him.
你知道吗?我们的损失就是出自他之手。
B:Really I just can't believe it.
是真的吗?我简直不敢相信。
A:He ignored our advice, and insisted on his own method. Although he's regretful now, but the lost can't be redeemed.
他无视我们的意见,坚持自己的方式。尽管他现在后悔了,但是损失也无法挽回了。
B:No one can do everything without any mistake. A fall into the pit, a gain in your wit.
没有人能做什么都不出错的。吃一堑长一智嘛。
Notes:
1. ignore[ig'n?:]v. 忽视,对……不予理会
2. regretful [ri'gretf?l] adj. 后悔的,失望的,遗憾的,令人惋惜的
3. redeem [ri'di:m] v. 补救,弥补,掩饰……之不足。
4. A fall into the pit,a gain in your wit.吃一堑长一智
hard坚硬的,坚固的,结实的,难做的,艰难的
Useful Phrases实用短语
①be hard on sb./sth.严厉对待,严格批评(某人或某事)
Although he's very young, his father is very hard on him.
尽管他很小,他的父亲对他却非常严格。
②give sb. a hard time.给某人找碴儿,使某人不好过
At the party they really gave me a hard time.
在聚会上他们着实使我不好过。
③feel/be hard done by受到不公平对待,感到委屈
He hard done by -his father left to him nothing.
他觉得委屈--他父亲什么也没留给他。
Daily Conversation日常会话
Mary:
Jane, do you know I want to resign I can't bear the manager any more.
玛丽:简,你知道吗我想辞职了?我再也受不了我们经理了。
Jane:
Everyone is jealous of your job . So why do you make this decision
简:每个人都很羡慕你的工作。那么你为何做这样的决定呢?
Mary:
Although the salary is not bad, the manager always gives me a hard time.
玛丽:尽管工资还不错,但是经理总是找我的碴儿。
Notes:
1. resign [ri'zain] v. 辞职,辞去
2. bear容忍,忍受
hat帽子,职位,角色
Useful Phrases实用短语
①keep sth. under sb.'s hat对某事保密
The police have informed all the witnesses to keep this accident under their hats.
警方已经通知所有目击者对该次事件保密。
②to as eat one's hat食言
I won't trust you any more, you always eat your hat.
我再也不相信你了,你总是食言。
③talk through one's hat说废话,一派胡言
Don't trust Jack, as he's talking thourgh his hat.
不要听杰克一派胡言。
Daily Conversation日常会话
A:Don't trust him as he just talks through his hat. It's impossible for Tom to betray us.
不要听他一派胡言,汤姆不可能背叛咱们的。
B:I also hope it's not true, but it's true.
我也希望这不是真的,但这是真的。
A:Do you have any evidence
你有证据吗?
B:Tom has admited it by himself.
汤姆已经亲自承认了。
Notes:
1. betray [bi'trei] v. 出卖,泄露,辜负。
2. admit [?d'mit] v. 承认,招认,招供
have有,持有,占有
Useful Phrases实用短语
①have done with sth.结束(不愉快的事)
Come on, let's have done with this stupid argument.
算了吧,我们结束这场愚蠢的争论吧。
②have (got) nothing on sb./sth.不如,比不上
It's very obvious that she has noting on you in all sides.
很明显她在任何方面都不如你。
③have sb. on哄骗,欺骗
Tell me you're not having me on, are you?
告诉我你不是在哄我吧?
Daily Conversation日常会话
A:I know I have nothing on her, so I make many efforts to improve myself. But it still turns out to be unsuccessful.
我知道自己不如她,所以我做了许多努力去提升自己。但结果还是失败了。
B:Pull yourself together, OK Everyone has his shining point.