书城外语日常286词玩转英语口语
31771100000025

第25章 K(2)

I'd guessed something of that kind-finally it turned out to be ture.

我已经猜到会有这样的事,最终证明是这样的。

Daily Conversation日常会话

A:Your T-shirt is one of a kind. I've never seen a preson wearing it before.

你的T恤很独特。我从来没见过有人穿过这样的。

B:I don't like wearing the same style of clothes with others. And it's very comfort to wear this T-shirt.

我不喜欢和别人穿一样的。并且它穿起来很舒服。

A:You're really unique and fashion in this side. Maybe you can give me some advice on how to dress up next time.

在这方面你确实很独特,时尚。或许下次你能就怎么打扮给我一些建议。

B:No problem.

没问题。

Notes:

1. unique [ju:'ni:k] adj. 独特的,唯一的,别致的,奇特的

2. dress up打扮,装扮,装饰,穿上盛装。

kiss吻,亲吻,轻拂,轻触

Useful Phrases实用短语

①kiss sb.'s ass谄媚巴结某人,拍某人马屁,奉承某人

Nearly everyone knows that he likes kissing his boss's ass.

几乎所有人都知道他喜欢拍老板的马屁。

②kiss sth. goodbye任其失去,放弃某事物,承认对某事无能为力

I can do nothing but to kiss it goodbye.

我无能为力只能放弃了。

③kiss and tell(通常是为了获利)泄露与名人的私情

To get famous, she kissed and told her affair with that movie star.

为了出名,她泄露了自己与那个电影明星的私情。

Daily Conversation日常会话

A:She had to kiss goodbye to her basketball.

她不得不放弃篮球了。

B:After all she was a little old for this kind of sport.

毕竟对这项运动来说她的年龄有点大了。

A:Do you hear that she decisides to be a basketball coach after retire

你听说过她退休后打算当篮球教练吗?

B:Oh, really I've never heard about it.

哦,是吗?我从没听说过。

knife刀,刀叉

Useful Phrases实用短语

①turn/twist the knife (in the wound)恶意地说(或做);落井下石,往伤口上撒盐

No one likes that kind of people who always turn the knife in the other person's wound.

没人喜欢那种总是喜欢在别人伤口上撒盐的人。

②like a knife thourgh butter轻而易举,毫无困难

It's just like a knife thourgh butter for me.

对我来说这很轻而易举。

③put the knife in sb.对某人怀恨在心,加害于某人

For that her mother abandoned her when she was only a child, she'd been putting the knife in her since that time.

因为她妈妈在她很小的时候就抛弃了她,她自那时起就对她一直怀恨在心。

Daily Conversation日常会话

A:She said she had put the knife in her mother since she abandoned her twenty years ago. She would never forgive her.

她说自从20年前她妈妈抛弃了她,她就对她怀恨在心了。她永远也不会原谅她的 。

B:Blood is thicker than water. I believe she'll forgive her someday.

血浓于水。我相信总有一天她会原谅她的。

A:Did her mother contact with her before

她妈妈之前联系过她吗?

B:Yes, but she refused to meet with her.

是的,但是她拒绝与她见面。

Notes:

1. abandon [?'baend?n] v. 遗弃,放弃

2. Blood is thicker than water.血浓于水。

3. refuse to do sth.拒绝做某事

knock

敲,击,把……击撞成,打掉,敲动,

打破

Useful Phrases实用短语

①knock about漂泊,闲置

He has knocked about for a few days.

他已经漂泊有一阵子了。

②knock sb. back暴饮,使花费,使吃惊

The car has knocked us back a bit.

这辆车已经使我们花了不少钱。

③knock sth. down说服……降价,使降价,秒杀

Her mother was good at knocking the price down.

她妈妈很擅长杀价。

Daily Conversation日常会话

A:You know you have knocked me down. All right, I'll help him this time for the sake of you.

被你打败。好吧,这次看在你的面子上我就帮他一把。

B:Thank you so much. You're really a good guy.

非常感谢。你真是个好人啊。

A:But next time I won't help him.

但是下次我不会帮助他的。

B:OK.

好的。

A:I heard that you just bought a new apartment. You're so rich.

我听说你刚买了一套公寓。你太有钱了。

B:I just motgaged my old one to the bank to get money for the newone. It's kind of exchange.

我仅的把旧屋抵押给银行去买了新房。这有点互换的意思而已。

A:You are brilliant.

你太聪明了。

B:But I am worried about the stable of read-estants. A fall in real-estate price of, say, 20% would knock down 10% of household weath.

我也有些担心,如果房价下跌20%,家庭财富将缩水10%。

know知道,认识,精通,识别,确信

Useful Phrases实用短语

①know sb. by sight与某人面熟

They only know each other by sight.

他们只是面熟。

②not know you are born身在福中不知福

You people without burden don't know you're born.

你们没负担,真是身在福中不知福啊。

③know your stuff精通业务,对工作很内行

As a qualified manager, you must know your stuff.

作为一个合格的经理,你必须对工作很在行。

Daily Conversation日常会话

A:Look over there. Do you know that beautiful girl?

看那边的那个漂亮女孩,你认识她吗?

B:Actually we just know each other by sight.

事实上我们只是面熟。

A:She's John's sister, and she often comes here with John. I'm attracted by her at first sight.

她是约翰的妹妹,常常和约翰来这。第一眼见到她时,我就被她吸引了。

B:she's really an attractive girl.

她确实是个很吸引人的女孩。

Notes:

1. at first sight一见就,乍一见,一见到

2. attractive [?'traektiv] adj. 吸引人的,有魅力的,引人注目的