书城外语英语PARTY——纯正口语对话室
45224200000008

第8章 交友篇(2)

D: Jesus Allan, did you spend all your money at the bar last night?

天啊,你昨晚在酒吧把钱都花光了?

A: Yeah, but I knew you would sort me out today!

是啊。不过我知道你能借我钱的!

D: Ok, I guess I can lend you a hundred RMB, but you have to pay me back in couple of days! If you don,t, I,m going to charge you interest!!

我想我能借你一百块。但你这几天就得还我,否则的话我就要收你利息!!

A: What do you mean by interest?

收利息?是什么意思?

D: I mean if you don,t give me my money back soon, I,m going to charge you 10 RMB a day until you do!

就是说如果你不按时还钱的话,我就每天收你十块钱,直到你还我钱为止。

A: That,s highway robbery…

太贵了。

D: You,re the one who wants to borrow money from me. I will hook you up with one hundred RMB; just make sure you pay me back.

是你要向我借钱的.我收你利息只是要确保你能按时还钱。

A: No problem Drew, I will get it back to you asap.

没问题,我尽快还你钱。

D: Why do you need it anyway?

你借钱干什么?

A: I want to go back to the bar, I met a really beautiful girl last night and I think she likes me!!

我还想再去一趟那家酒吧。昨晚我碰到一个特漂亮的姑娘,我想她也喜欢我。

D: Just don,t spend all the money in one place, because I,m not lending you any more…

别把钱都花了,我可不想再借钱给你了。

Attention Please (特别提醒)

[你可以请外教反复帮你模仿/训练下面句子/词组的正宗美式发音]

[1]Do you think you can spot me 100RMB?借钱时除了可以用borrow或lend之外,还可以有很多说法,像这句中的spot。还可以说Can you spare some cash?或Could I bum some money?等。

[2]That,s highway robbery…高速公路上的抢劫,实际上表示太贵了,虽然不知道这两者之间有什么联系,不过这是英语,所以,尽管用好了。

[3]I,ll get it back to you asap. asap是英语as soon as possible的缩写。整个短语太长了,所以就有了这么个缩写。不过你可别什么都缩写,否则就会出笑话。

吵架之后消消气

A: What,s up, buddy? You sound a little down in dumps.

怎么了,哥们?你听起来好像情绪低迷啊。

B: I quarreled with my roommate last night. He is really stubborn.

我昨晚和室友吵架了。他太倔了。

A: Calm down, Bill. Shouting won,t help.

冷静Bill。喊不解决问题。

B: He,s really outrageous.

他太过分了。

A: What happened?

怎么了?

B: I went back home last night, you know tired like a dog. So I took a quick shower and went to bed. But I couldn,t fall asleep cause Brian was there in the living room, playing his stupid stereo so loudly. And when I kindly told him to turn that down a little bit. He shouted at me.

我昨天晚上回家,你知道累得像狗似的。我很快地洗了个澡然后就上床了。可是Brian在客厅里把他那个破音响开得震天响,吵得我睡不着。我礼貌地告诉他把声音关小点时,他却对我大喊大叫。

A: What? He can,t do this to you.

什么?他不能这么做。

B: Well he did it anyway. Then he come into my room and shot all his shit. Bla blab la. You know.

他就是这么做的。然后他到了我这屋嘟嘟囔囔。

A: What did you do?

那你呢?

B: I shouted back of course.

我当然也喊来着。

A: Hold it, Ryne. You won,t accomplish anything by hollering at him, right? You,re all worked up now. Why not wait until you cool down a bit?

忍一忍。喊叫解决不了问题。你们现在都很激动。为什么不等你们冷静下来呢?

B: What would you do if you were in my shoes?

你是我的话会怎么办?

A: Just stay cool. You know. When you get back home tonight, tell him that you didn,t mean to quarrel with him.

保持冷静。你知道,今晚你回家的时候,告诉他你不是真想和他吵。

B: No way, Marco. I mean it,s not my fault.

没门,又不是我的错。

A: I know. It won,t hurt much to say sorry first. And after that, you can casually mention the problem. I,m sure he,ll cooperate.

我知道。可先说抱歉又不损失什么。之后你可以慢慢地和他提这件事。我相信他会合作的。

Attention Please (特别提醒)

[你可以请外教反复帮你模仿/训练下面句子/词组的正宗美式发音]

[1] shoot the shit.说脏话。想像一下。当一个人像开枪一样把那些脏话射出来的时候,你就会感到这句话有多形象了。

[2] What would you do if you were in my shoes? in my shoes不是指在我的鞋里。而是指处在我的位置上。这句话也可以说成What would you do if you were in my position?

日久才能见人心

A: So, how were you last night?

昨天晚上过得怎么样啊?

B: Don,t mention it.It,s been another shitty night.

别提了,糟透了。

A: What did you do?

你干吗来着?

B: You know my roommate Brian was going back to the States.So we had a farewell party for him,me and all the other friends.We just drank and drank till we all threw up.I,m still feeling sick now.

你知道,我的室友Brian要回美国了,所以我们给他举行了个送别派对。我和其他的朋友,我们一直喝啊喝的,一直到喝吐。我现在还恶心呢。

A: Well,how much did you guys drink?

你们昨天喝了多少?

B: There were 5 of us and we drank 49 beers.

我们有五个人,喝了49瓶啤酒。

A: Wow.What are you,sinks?

你们是下水道吗?

B: I know it,s really crazy,I mean that,s not the worst thing.

我知道那很疯狂。我是说那还不是最糟的。

A: Well,what,s worse?

还有什么更糟的吗?

B: We were all drunk and I got a hangover.Then Brian told me he would sell me his 2monthold TV for 500 kuai.

我们都喝多了,我现在还头疼呢。然后Brian说他要把他那个刚买两个月的电视卖给我,收我五百。

A: So you gave him the money?

那你给他钱了?

B: Well,I did.Then this morning, my landlord came over to my house, telling me that the TV was his,not Brian,s.I said “What?I just paid him 500 kuai for it.”But my landlord showed me the receipt.

是的,给了。然后今天早上。我房东来了,他说电视是他的,我说“什么,我刚付了五百块。”可他给我看了收据。

A: Oh no.Where,s Brian?

天啊,Brian在哪儿?

B: He,s now on the way back to the States.

在回美国的路上呢。

A: Shit.I thought he was your friend.

见鬼,我以为他是你的朋友呢。

B: He,s not. I came to see his true color. He,s the stinky fat idiot.

不是。我才看清他的真面目,他简直是个令人作呕的大流氓。

A: When is he coming back?

他什么时候回来?

B: When hell freezes over.

他不可能回来了。

Attention Please (特别提醒)

[你可以请外教反复帮你模仿/训练下面句子/词组的正宗美式发音]

[1]hangover在这里可不是“挂”的意思。它在口语中表示头疼。尤其是指酒醒之后的那种头疼。当然表示头疼也可以用我们学过的headache,可毕竟还是这个恰当。

[2]When hell freezes over.地狱本来燃烧着大火,要想把它扑灭是根本不可能的事情。因此这句话用来表示“不可能”。