书城外语英语PARTY——纯正口语对话室
45224200000009

第9章 恋爱篇(1)

约会也有麻烦事

A: You know what,Sharron. Last night, I was having the worst date ever since I came to China.

你知道吗Sharron.昨晚我经历了到中国以来的最差的约会。

B: What happened?

出什么事了?

A: You remember last time I asked you about how you got to know your girlfriend?

还记得上次我问你你是怎样认识你女朋友的吗?

B: Yeah. I do.

记得。

A:I was not so lucky. So I asked my friend to do me a favor. And they did arrange a date for me.

我没那么幸运。所以我让朋友帮忙,他们确实帮我安排了约会。

B: So far so good.

到现在还没什么事儿。

A: Be patient. Then last night, two of my friends called me, telling me to go to a bar named Special Night. They both introduced me a girl and by coincidence, they made it at the same place.

耐心点儿。然后昨晚我的两个朋友打电话给我,让我去一家叫Special Night的酒吧。他们都给我介绍了个姑娘。可巧的是,他们都安排在同一个地方了。

B: Sounds like you,re walking on the ice.

听起来好像你冒了很大的险。

A: I had to. Then I went there and had the 3people date. I know it,s horrible. But that,s not the worst thing.

我不得不啊。然后我去了这三个人的约会。我知道这很糟,可还不是最糟的。

B: What could be worse than that?

还有什么能更糟?

A: You know all bars are kind of dim and have beautiful music. So everybody could look better. But the first girl was like 120 pounds and she,s very dull. She just sat there,sipping her coke and talking to nobody.

你知道所有的酒吧灯光都很暗,音乐也很好听。因此每个人看起来都挺漂亮的,可是第一个女孩儿有一百二十磅重。她特没劲。只是坐在那喝可乐,也不和别人说话。

B: What about the second girl?

那第二个呢?

A: The second girl was like blabla girl. I have never seen a biggermouth girl than her. You know, I,ve always avoided girls like my nagging mom.

第二个说起来没完。我从未见过比她还讲的人。你知道的,我一直都不想找像我妈妈那样能说的人。

B: Did you choose one?

你选一个了吗?

A: No. I just made a promise I,ll never go to blind dates again.

没有,我刚发誓说我再也不去这种约会了。

Attention Please (特别提醒)

[你可以请外教反复帮你模仿/训练下面句子/词组的正宗美式发音]

[1]walking on the ice.走在冰面上很容易会掉进水里,所以这句话是用来形容危险的情况。

[2] big mouth.大嘴巴。很形象的比喻,表示某人很能讲。再给各位举几个例子,让我们学会这个短语。Shut up, you big mouth.多嘴驴,闭嘴。Let,s see who has a bigger mouth.看看谁的话多。

恋爱像风又像雨

A: Hi,Modern English.

你好,洋话连篇。

B: Hi is that Drew?It,s David here.

你好,是Drew吗?我是David。

A: Hey,what,s new,buddy?

嘿,哥们儿,最近有什么新鲜事儿?

B: Not much,my girlfriend just dumped me.

没什么,我女朋友刚甩了我。

A: Sorry to hear that.What happened?

真抱歉,怎么搞的?

B: Well she told me things weren,t working and that maybe we weren,t right together.But I thought things were just great.Why did she say this?It,s completely out of the blue.

她觉得我们在一起和不来。可我怎么觉得我们挺好的啊。她为什么这么说,这不是晴天霹雳吗?

A: Hey,that,s not the girl with pink hair,is it?The girl I saw with Jack yesterday?

你说的是那个粉头发的女孩儿吗?昨天被我看见和Jack在一起的那个?

B: What?She was cheating on me with that ugly guy?Oh no,I feel like such a loser.

什么?她居然骗我,还跟那个家伙。我觉得自己好失败。

A: Hey man,She,s not worth it.Forget her.

得了,她不值。忘了她吧。

B: But she lied to me.

可她骗我。

A: Hey,Marco.She,s not worth it.Anyway,there are plenty more fish in the sea.Listen,let,s get the boys together and we can go out for a night on the town.How about it?

Marco,她不配你的,而且这世界上好姑娘多的是。对了,今晚我们进城去玩个痛快,怎么样?

B: Ok,then.

好啊。

A: But you have to promise me that you are not gonna wear that face.

但是你得向我保证别戴那张脸去。

B: What face?

哪张脸?

A: The one \where\ you look like your dog just died.You have to get over her and the sooner the better.

就好像你们家狗死了似的那种脸。你得赶紧忘了她,越快越好。

B: Yeah,I know you are right.

你说的没错儿。

A: So see you tonight then.10 at Poachers.

那我们今晚十点在Poachers见吧。

B: 10 it is.Catch you later.Bye.

好的,回见。

A:Bye.

回见。

Attention Please (特别提醒)

[你可以请外教反复帮你模仿/训练下面句子/词组的正宗美式发音]

[1]My girlfriend just dumped me.我的女朋友刚甩了我。类似的说法还有It,s over.结束了,I never wanna see you again.我再也不想见你了等。

[2]We weren,t right together.我们两个不合适。right是个很有趣的词,Mr/Mrs right表示意中人。

[3] It,s completely out of the blue.真是晴天霹雳啊。Out of the blue是指来自天上,引喻很震惊。

望梅止渴情人节

A:Hello,Drew.So nice to hear your voice again.

Drew。听到你的声音真是太高兴了。

B: What,s up?

怎么了?

A: Nothing much.Actually,I have some questions.

没什么,有几个问题要问你。

B: Go straight ahead.

讲吧。

A: Well,you know Feb 14th is a big day for boys and girls.What do you call that day?Lovers, Day or something?

你知道二月十四号对那些少男少女来说可是个大日子,你们管那天叫什么?是叫爱人节吗?

B: [chuckles]No, no.Jack.We call that Valentine,s Day.

[笑]不,Jack。那天叫情人节。

A: What is Valentine?

Valentine是什么?

B: It,s a long story.Valentine is a priest.People celebrate that day in memory of him.

这说来可就话长了。Valentine是个牧师,人们庆祝那天是为了纪念他。

A: I see.Then what do people do on that day?

我知道了。那天你们都做点儿什么呢?

B: It,s not such an important day for westners. On that day,people usually buy some cards for their girlfriends or boyfriends.Sometimes they go dancing.

情人节不是什么特别重要的节日。那天我们会买卡片,有时也去跳舞。

A: Have you spent a Valentine,s Day with your girlfriend?

跟你女朋友过过情人节吗?