书城外语英语PARTY——交际口语排练室
45659300000011

第11章 情景短剧欣赏(4)

JOANA: Well, okay.

好吧。

PAULO: Why don,t we invite them to dinner?

我们为什么不请他们来吃晚餐?

JOANA: That,s a good idea. I want Mama to meet Mrs. Crawford.

这个主意很好, 我希望妈妈能认识郭佛太太。

PAULO: What about Mr. Crawford? Don,t you like him?

郭佛先生呢? 你不喜欢他吗?

JOANA: He,s impossible.

他不可理喻。

PAULO: Be nice to him.

你要对他好一点。

JOANA: You can be nice to him. I don,t like him.

你可以对他好, 我可不喜欢他。

PAULO: Are you inviting Michael, too?

你也要请迈克尔吗?

JOANA: Of course.

当然。

PAULO: He was very happy last night.

他昨天晚上很开心。

JOANA: I was, too.

我也很开心。

PAULO: But Michael is always so quiet. And last night, he was talking and laughing.

可是迈克尔总是那么沈默。 而昨天晚上他却有说有笑。

JOANA: What do you think about Michael?

你对迈克尔印象怎么样?

PAULO: I think he,s a great guy, but he isn,t very ambitious.

我认为他人非常好, 可是不太上进。

JIM: Grandfather, don,t lift that. Let me help you.

爷爷, 别提那个, 让我帮你忙。

MR. YAMAMOTO: Thank you, but…

谢谢, 但……

JIM: You have a bad back.

你的背脊骨不好。

MR. YAMAMOTO: I am old, but I,m not helpless.

我年纪大了, 可是还挺得住。

JIM: OK, Grandfather. Can I help you?

好吧, 爷爷。 能为您效劳吗?

CUSTOMER 1: Do you have any lettuce?

有没有莴苣?

JIM: Yes, sir. Over there, in the second case.

有的, 先生, 在那边, 第二个框。

CUSTOMER 1: How much is it?

怎么卖?

JIM: Seventynine cents a head.

一棵七毛九。

CUSTOMER 2: Excuse me. How much are the grapes?

请问葡萄怎么卖?

JIM: Ninetynine cents a pound.

一磅九毛九。

CUSTOMER 2: And the oranges?

橙子呢?

JIM: They,re five for a dollar.

一块钱五个。

JIM: Can I help you?

买什么?

CUSTOMER 1: Please. I can,t find the lettuce.

麻烦你一下, 我找不到莴苣。

JIM: Isn,t there any in the second case?

第二个箱子里没有吗?

CUSTOMER 1: I don,t think so.

好像没有。

JIM: We don,t have a lot of lettuce today. How much do you need?

我们今天没有很多莴苣, 您需要多少?

CUSTOMER 1: Not much. Only one head. Oh, and a few limes.

不多, 一棵就够了. 对了, 还要几个酸橙。

JIM: The limes are over there.

酸橙在那边。

CUSTOMERR 1: There aren,t many there.

那边没有几个。

JIM: Oh? How many do you need?

哦? 您要几个?

CUSTOMER 1: Oh, four or five.

大概四五个。

MR. YAMAMOTO: Is anything wrong?

有什么问题吗?

CUSTOMER 1: Oh, hello, Mr. Yamamoto.

噢, 山本先生, 您好。

MR. YAMAMOTO: You know my name?

你知道我的名字啊?

CUSTOMER 1: Of course. Your market is famous.

当然, 您的店很有名。

MR. YAMAMOTO: Is it?

是吗?

CUSTOMER 1: There,s an article about it in the paper. Here, look, “GOING TO THE FAIR? FIRST STOP: YAMAMOTO,S FRUIT AND VEGETABLE MARKET.”

报纸上有一篇文章讲它。 来, 你看: “打算到博览会去吗? 第一站: 山本果菜店。”

JIM: May I buy the newspaper from you?

我能向你买这份报纸吗?

CUSTOMER 1: No, take it, please. Here.

不用, 你拿去好了, 不要客气。 来。

JIM: Thank you. Now the lettuce. Here. There was a head in the case with the cabbage.

谢谢。 现在找找莴苣看, 有了, 箱子里有一棵和洋白菜放在一起。

CUSTOMER 1: How much is it?

多少钱一棵?

JIM: Seventynine cents.

七毛九分。

MR. YAMAMOTO: No. Give it to him for forty cents. It,s the last head.

不必那么多, 算它四毛好了, 那是最后一棵。

CUSTOMER 1: Thank you, Mr. Yamamoto. Goodbye.

谢谢您, 山本先生, 再见。

MR. YAMAMOTO: Goodbye.

再见。

JIM: OK. Who,s next? Whose oranges are these?

好的, 下一位是谁? 这些是谁要的橙子?

CUSTOMER 2: They,re mine.

是我要的。

JIM: And the potatoes?

马铃薯呢?

CUSTOMER 2: Hers.

是她的。

JIM: That,s 1.99, please.

一共是一元九毛九分。

ALI: Hello, ice cream man.

您好, 卖冰淇淋的。

BILL: Hello, Ali. Are you alone?

阿里,你好, 你一个人啊?

ALI: Yes.

是的。

BILL: Where are your parents?

你父母在哪里?

ALI: I don,t know.

我不知道。

BILL: Really? Uh… Ali…

真的? 阿里, 这个……

ALI: May I have an ice cream sandwich, please?

我可不可以吃一个冰淇淋三明治? 可不可以?

BILL: Sure, Ali. Why don,t you sit down and talk to me?

当然可以。 你为什么不坐下来跟我聊聊天?

ALI: OK. Here,s thirtyfive cents.

好。 给您三毛五分钱。

BILL: Whose money is that?

那是谁的钱?

ALI: It,s mine.

是我的。

BILL: It,s yours? You,re a rich young man!

是你的? 你这个年轻人很有钱。

ALI: Yes.

对啊!

BILL: I like your jacket, Ali.

阿里, 我很喜欢你的外套。

ALI: I don,t. It,s my brother,s.

我不喜欢, 是我哥哥的。

BILL: Don,t you like your brother?

你不喜欢你哥哥吗?

ALI: No. My father and mother like my brother. He,s always good. I don,t like him.

嗯, 我爸爸妈妈都喜欢哥哥。 他总是很乖, 我不喜欢他。

BILL: I like you, Ali.

阿里,我喜欢你。

ALI: May I come home with you?

我可不可以和您回家?

BILL: Look! Isn,t that your mother? She,s crying, Ali.

看! 那不是你的妈妈吗? 阿里, 她正在喊你。

ALI: Mommy! Mommy! Here I am!

妈! 妈! 我在这里!